One of the most important marketing lessons I’ve learned – primarily from Dan Kennedy – is to always look for an existing reason to do a promotion to make your life easier.
A perfect example of this are all of the holidays that we have coming up in the next few months, starting with Halloween. The holidays are a perfect reason to send out a promotion.
Why is that? A number of reasons:
- The holidays are already in the prospect’s mind, so a promotion tied to them has a better chance of getting noticed
- You can leverage fun, creative themes associated with the holiday
- They give you a reason to offer a temporary discount or special offer with a logical end date
- People are already hard-wired to open up their wallets and spend money around the holidays
- They are fun!
In other words, it would be a shame to let the holidays go by without capitalizing on the opportunity for some creative promotions!
Here are a few ideas, although with just a little bit of effort you can come up with a gazillion more!
- Send prospects and clients a “trick” AND “treat” for Halloween
- Send them a gift of “thanks” around Thanksgiving
- Hold an “invite only” party to celebrate the New Year
So put your thinking caps on and don’t let the holidays go by without some creative promotions going out the door!
All the best,